Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Cloud Systems Administrator in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Req ID: 247082
Basic Purpose: The Cloud Systems Administrator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to configuring and fine-tuning public and private cloud infrastructure systems, installing and configuring virtual cloud instances, and supporting server OS instances including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting. A functional understanding of infrastructure hardware, operating systems, virtualization, and cloud methodology is required.
• Research, design, implement, and maintain enterprise solutions including storage, compute, virtualization, and orchestration and automation platforms.
• Generate and review metrics to track, report, and optimize capacity, performance, and areas as defined by management.
• Implement and maintain enterprise storage, compute, and orchestration and automation platforms
• Familiarity with critical IT concepts and processes, such as configuration management, high availability, networking, disaster recovery, and security.
• Provide technical support for system and software issues
• Manage the configuration and operational integrity of server operating systems and applications
• Proactively maintain and patch systems as required by security, vendor, or internal infrastructure best practices.
• Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
• Install and maintain identified technologies/software
• Participates in and provides input to projects related to business units and overall IT infrastructure.
• Advanced troubleshooting of platforms and services as needed and requested, after-hours at times.
Education and Experience
o HS Diploma or equivalent required
o Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
o VMware Certified Professional (VCP), AWS Solutions Architect, RHCE, or equivalent certifications preferred.
o 5+ years enterprise Linux systems administration
o 3+ years working with public cloud systems —e.g. AWS, Azure, O365 containers
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
• Advanced knowledge of RedHat Enterprise Linux (or equivalent)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or other public cloud platforms
• Advanced knowledge of and experience with VMWare vSphere ESXi 6.5• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
• Working knowledge of vRealize Automation or equivalent Cloud Management Platform
• Working knowledge of Ansible, Terraform, or equivalent configuration management/IaC tools
• Microsoft PowerShell, Python, JSON, YAML, or other scripting/coding language proficiency
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Exceptional oral and written communicator
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
• Self-motivated and directed, with ability to effectively prioritize and execute under minimal supervision
• Comfortable working in a team oriented/collaborative environment
Job Function(s): Information Technology
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert